As Caverhill Lodge is in a remote location we recommend you plan ahead. Please read carefully the information below:
- Supplies are not available at the lodge
- The lodge is not licensed. Guests may bring their own alcoholic beverages and mix.
- Ice is available.
- Many guests bring wine to accompany dinner.
- There is a lodge dog.
- One other guest pet accepted with prior approval.
- The Caverhill Queen II boat is large enough to handle any mountain of luggage.
- At 4600' the weather can be cool and unpredictable.
We suggest you bring:
- Passport - required
- Waterproof hiking boots & wool socks
- Rain & Wind Proof Parka with Hood
- Rain & Wind Proof Pants
- Long underwear
- Warm Hat & gloves
- Hiking clothes
- Swimsuit (for sauna & lake)
- Sunglasses & sunhat
- Insect repellent/Sunscreen
- Spare prescription glasses
- Camera & film, spare batteries
- Fishing Gear
- Spare Rods & Reels
- Selection of flies & lures
- Floatation Jacket if you wish.
The lodge does carry cartridge style life jackets and some standard life jackets.
Fish hooks are a liability of a fishing trip. We suggest you have a valid tetanus shot.
If you are from outside Canada a passport is now required. Children traveling with only one parent should have notarized permission of the non-accompanying parent regardless of marital status. Check with your government or travel agent for any recent changes.
Fishing Licenses may be purchased at the lodge. An eight day license for a foreign guest is $52.50 CDN Funds. Licenses may also be purchased on the internet at www.fishing.gov.bc.ca. The process is quite straight forward.
Please visit Where We Are for information on how to get here.
BC Fly Fishing Vacation Trip - Canada