As Caverhill Lodge is in a remote location we recommend you plan ahead. Please read carefully the information below:
- Supplies are not available at the lodge
- The lodge is not licensed. Guests may bring their own alcoholic beverages and mix.
- Ice is available.
- Many guests bring wine to accompany dinner.
- There is a lodge dog.
- One other guest pet accepted with prior approval.
- The Caverhill Queen II boat is large enough to handle any mountain of luggage.
- At 4600′ the weather can be cool and unpredictable.
We suggest you bring:
- Passport – required
- Waterproof hiking boots & wool socks
- Rain & Wind Proof Parka with Hood
- Rain & Wind Proof Pants
- Long underwear
- Warm Hat & gloves
- Hiking clothes
- Swimsuit (for sauna & lake)
- Sunglasses & sunhat
- Insect repellent/Sunscreen
- Spare prescription glasses
- Camera & film, spare batteries
- Fishing Gear
- Spare Rods & Reels
- Selection of flies & lures
- Floatation Jacket if you wish.
The lodge does carry cartridge style life jackets and some standard life jackets.
Fish hooks are a liability of a fishing trip. We suggest you have a valid tetanus shot.
If you are from outside Canada a passport is now required. Children traveling with only one parent should have notarized permission of the non-accompanying parent regardless of marital status. Check with your government or travel agent for any recent changes.
Fishing Licenses may be purchased at the lodge. An eight day license for a foreign guest is $52.50 CDN Funds. Licenses may also be purchased on the internet at www.fishing.gov.bc.ca. The process is quite straight forward.
Please visit Where We Are for information on how to get here.